Thursday, March 28, 2013

Once Upon a Springtime Tussie Mussie - Imaginarium Designs

Today, I'm sharing my second project this month for Imaginarium Designs - a Victorian-inspired Tussie Mussie created using Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime collection. I've seen these gorgeous embellished cones on Pinterest and decided I just had to create one of my own. And with Easter just around the corner, what could be more perfect than a Spring/Easter themed project?

I cut the cone shape using my Silhouette Cameo and used a Martha Stewart Edge punch to create the handle. I added some lace around the top of the cone, just under the scallops and added a bead from an old necklace as the jewel at the bottom of the cone. The embellishing on the cone runs bottom to top, left to right and is a combination of paper/fabric flowers, fussy cut paper elements, chipboard, and gems.
The 'anchor' of the embellishing on the cone is a section of the Imaginarium Designs "Spade Top Picket Fence". I started by sponging some Gesso on the fence to get a nice textured finish. Then I added Shimmerz paint in Green Olive, which I diluted by putting water on my finger and spreading the paint with my finger. I then inked the fence with Distress Ink in Weathered Wood. I really like the slightly shimmery blue-green tone this gave the fence (the shimmer is much more visible in real life). I added in the fussy-cut bunnies behind the fence using 3D foam adhesive and also added a fussy cut fairy to the left of the fence.
I added some Imaginarium Designs mini Vine Flourish chipboard pieces to the flower clusters. I treated the vines with two tones of Faber-Castell Gelatos - Green Tea and Boysenberry, I spread these with a damp finger and then sponged some extra colour onto them with a damp sponge. 

The final chipboard element I used was the mini bird cages. I did a simple sponged-gesso treatment on the cages since I wanted them to really stand out against the coloured flowers. I added a fussy-cut pixie on a bird to one of the birdcages and a fussy-cut Fairy Queen just above the other birdcage.

And here are just a few more photos of the tussie mussie!



Imaginarium Designs Chipboard Used
Spade Top Picket Fence - IDB0004

Vine Flourish (Tiny) - IDT0027

Bird Cage Small - IDT0019

Other Products Used: Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime collection; Recollections Cardstock - Pink, Blue, Yellow; Wilton - Small Doilies; Flowers - A Bride's Wish, and miscellaneous from stash; Lace/Gems - stash; Tim Holtz Distress Ink -  Tattered Rose and  Weathered Wood;  Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso - White; Faber Castell Gelatos - Green Tea and Boysenberry; Shimmerz Paint - Green Olive; Martha Stewart Edge Punch; Aleene's Tacky Glue; 3D Foam Adhesive; Glue Dots - Craft and Mini.


1 comment: