Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cherish Time Tag - Scrap for Help April Challenge

This month at Scrap for Help, we have a wonderful challenge with one of my favourite kinds of "recycled" elements - book pages!
For my DT project, I decided to make a tag rather than a layout. I really love making tags lately! So I created this lovely little "Cherish Time" tag, using the definition of "time" cut out of a dictionary as my book page element. To play up the dictionary element, I used Tim Holtz Tissue tape, with a dictionary print for the 'ribbon' on this tag.
The first step in making this tag was cutting the tag shape - for this I used 7 Dots Studio Domestic Goddess collection. I did some masking using the Crafter's Workshop mini Time Travel mask and some Martha Stewart Texture paste and distressed the edge of the tag. I layered the Tim Holtz Cherish Philosophy Tag on top of the dictionary definition to create the 'Title' for the tag.
For the larger flowers on the tag, I used some recollections Mulberry paper flowers, which I misted with three different colours of Smooch Spritz to get them to match the tag base. The chipboard pieces are by Imaginarium Designs - I painted these with a light coat of gesso and then blended three colours of Gelatos to get the colour effect that I wanted. I added in some Prima mini-roses and Prima rose leaves to finish off the flower clusters. 

Here is a finally photo of the tag taken at an angle so that you can see the dimension of the tag.
I hope you liked my DT project for Scrap for Help this month and that you'll stop by the Scrap for Help blog and play along with the April Challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I appreciate your visits and comments so much.

4 comments:

Drea Slee said...

Gorgeous tag Sarah!!Fabulous colors and techniques!! I'm hoping I get time this month to play with some book pages myself.I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the inspiration!

Adriana B said...

I agree. so gorgeous Sarah love it :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh Sarah! Your tag turned out absolutely beautiful! I love how you made it!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah! What a gorgeous tag you created! Love the altered chippy colors! Thanks a bunch for stopping by my blog and joining in on the giveaway! Good luck and have a wonderful day! Mandy