Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sweet Puppy - Details and Close-ups (ScrapThat! April 2013 Kit)

Today, I'm sharing the details of my layout entitled Sweet Puppy. My husband surprised me and my son with two (yes - TWO) Golden Retriever puppies just before Christmas this year. They are growing SO fast - and this photo is of the male puppy (Stark - and his sister is Pepper), who is going to be a giant! I had a lot of fun with this kit - playing with different designs and styles. For this layout, I wanted it to feel very soft and natural, so I started with the beautiful Twiggy paper, and layered that with the peach side of the Nancy's Mushrooms paper on top of the wood-grain Free paper.
I really like the soft, distressed look of paper tearing and love how the torn layers are cradling the fussy-cut picture of the sleeping puppy. For the title, I simply inked the awesome Alphabet Chipboard Stickers with some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo - I chose this colour because it coordinated so well with the wood-grain.
The gorgeous flowers on this layout are Petaloo Darjeeling - Burgundy flowers from the FAO. To finish off the flower cluster, I added in the leaves from the MK and some 'twigs', which are simply pieces of the edging off the burlap (included in the MK).
Finally, I created this double banner using the jute from the MK and the reverse sides of the leftover bits of paper from the torn pages of the layout. I decided to go with different banner shapes to create a more dramatic banner and raise the impact of the layered banner element. On the right side of the banner, you can see another of the gorgeous Petaloo flowers with a leaf and 'twigs'.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Come back tomorrow for details about my final layout with the ScrapThat! April Kit.

1 comment:

Adriana B said...

this is so so sweet love it :)