Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shattered - Details and Close-ups (ScrapThat! April 2013 Kit)

Good Morning Scrappy Friends! Over the next few days, I'm going to share the details and close-ups of my ScrapThat! April "Within Nature" Kit creations with you. Today, I'm sharing the story of my Shattered layout. This layout is based on the March 15 Sketch at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge and is sort of a companion piece to the Through the Looking Glass layout that I created in January.

This is a pretty personal, revealing layout for me. I'm a very private person and don't often share my 'troubles' with others - but I've been dealing with some personal issues lately and sometimes it is cathartic to release some emotion through artwork. So this layout describes how I have been feeling - shattered - but I'm picking up the pieces and putting things back together - re-evaluating my priorities and what is important to me.
Enough about me - let's get down to the nitty gritty of the layout. I started out with one of the sheets of patterned paper in the Main Kit - the 'Soaring' page and used the lighter coloured side as the base page for the layout. I used the Prima 12 x12 Crackle stencil with some Heavy Gel Medium to get the crackled effect on the base page and then misted it with two shades of smooch spritz (Splash and River Mossy).  Here is an angled shot of a section of the layout that better shows the crackle effect.
I did some stamping around the edge of the layout and where I was placing the title with a Kaisercraft Texture Stamp (Crackle) and black ink. I cut the torn 'notebook' paper edge using my Silhouette Cameo and tore the other paper strip for the paper embellishing in the top left of the layout.
I added a white smudged circle under the photo with gesso (you can just see the edges of the circle) and did some simple embellishing using the chipboard sign and roses that were included in the Main kit. I separated the chipboard sign and used the two elements to frame the photo. Once I had the chipboard and flowers in place, I did some more misting with Smooch Spritz in Black Velvet. I also added some Distress stickles in Clear Rock Candy to the chipboard elements after the misting had dried. Finally, I added some vinyl letter stickers from my stash for the title.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Come back tomorrow for details about my Sweet Puppy layout with the ScrapThat! April Kit.

2 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

Amazing textures and stunning layout!

Sandra said...

A fabulous way to express feelings Sarah and I do hope things get better for you, believe it or not time does help. Hugs xxx